Why Valvoline Global Operations?
Valvoline Global is a worldwide leader in automotive and industrial solutions, creating future-ready products and best-in-class services for partners around the globe. Established in 1866, we introduced the world’s first branded motor oil, claiming our position as The Original Motor Oil.
As an affiliate of Aramco, one of the world's largest integrated energy and chemicals companies, we continue to invest strategically and expand globally, driving unparalleled product innovation and sustainable business solutions.
Our corporate values of care, integrity, passion, and excellence shape everything we do. Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve great.
When you join Valvoline Global, you join a culture that is committed to: treating all people with care, operating with integrity, striving for excellence in everything we do, and showing passion about delivering on our commitments.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Project Manager. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Project Manager will be a professional within the corporate engineering team who will support North America supply chain large capital goals and objectives. This, in part, includes leading a group of Capital Projects, supporting the development of long-range plant project planning, project budgeting and cost controls, compliance management, project scheduling, operational support, project work process progress development/use and over site of project 3rd party support.In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Lead large capital plant projects while following front end loaded project work process (PWP) with multiple project phases and develop deliverables over the duration of the project lifecycle. Note that workload often dictates supervision of 3rd party engineering support, equipment vendors, and contractors.
- Work with Supply Chain and Corporate Engineering teams to develop and maintain a culture with an emphasis on environmental stewardship, employee health and safety, legal compliance, and community relations.
- Sustain control of your projects by tracking and maintaining discipline performance budget progress, schedule commitments, and quality standards.
- Work with Risk Management team, focusing on domestic plant sites on keeping testing documentation current. Attend assigned plant insurance company audits and assist plant with questions and documentation share. Lead or assist plant in resolution of any insurance company audit findings.
- Work with Supply Chain Planning to develop and/or understand long term business goals. Visit assigned plants and meet with facility operations to discuss these business goals and understand their business, operational, environmental and safety needs. Review these needs to develop and maintain a ten year, looking forward, plan. Plan to be developed considering return on investment, safety & environmental exposure, logical construction sequencing, rough project cost and a reasonable annual cost allowance. Annually review plan with supply chain team, track progress and update maintaining the 3 year “look ahead”.
- Work with Supply Chain Planning and plant facility operations utilizing the Long-Range Plan to develop budget estimates for the coming fiscal year. Successfully manage commercial contract(s) on all assigned projects of various sizes, as required. Ensure issuance of PO’s and that invoices are paid. Process Project Change Notices as required. Support the development of the monthly capital project cashflow and implementation timing presentation that is given to Sr. Supply Chain Leadership.
- Successfully manage commercial contract(s) on all assigned projects of various sizes, as required. Ensure issuance of PO’s and that invoices are paid. Process Project Change Notices as required. Support the development of the monthly capital project cashflow and implementation timing presentation that is given to Sr. Supply Chain Leadership.
- Responsible thru project management practice to foster the use and development of new engineering specifications/ standards that can be use on current and future projects. Also, must maintain up to date project files shared on the engineering server drive. Support plant operations in interpretation of and adherence to specifications, codes, and standards.
- Prepare, submit, and present assigned project requests with supporting documentation to Senior Supply Chain Management to receive full funding permission during the front-end loading phases.
- Work with engineering team to review, update and maintain Valvoline engineering standards to current best practices relative to Valvoline facilities. Work with Valvoline engineering team to update and maintain facility “Core Drawings” which include plant general arrangement drawings, electrical one-line drawings and facility P&ID drawings.
What You’ll Need
- Four year College Degree in Engineering (Civil, Chemical, Process, or Mechanical)
- 5-8 years' experience in heavy industrial/process work and project execution. Along with experience in process commericialization from ideation to operational turnover focused on process flow, liquid transfer, and packaging
- Auto-CAD, SAP, MS programs (including MS Project)
- Blending/packaging equipment mechanical and controls knowledge
- Field implementation knowledge
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
What Will Set You Apart
- Master's in Engineering, Business Adminstration, and/or Construction Management
- Professional Engineer Licenses
- Project Management Certifications
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.